Search for Lenz Custom Concrete on the Idaho Repository to see cases filed against Mr. Lenz's business.
Look Mr. Lenz's license up at the Idaho Bureau of Occupational Licenses to verify probationary status and read the public record regarding the action against him.
We made the mistake of not researching Brian Lenz before hiring him for a stamped, colored patio. He did a terrible job! A circle surrounding the tree in our patio was distorted and not circular at all. Control crack joints were placed farther apart than industry standard. A conduit installed for a natural gas line was too small to use. There were multiple double stamps and the stamp depth was inconsistent resulting from poor technique.
We found out later that his license is on probation for structural problems in the past, and that the photos on his website were not his own, but were copied from other sites.
We complained twice to Mr. Lenz about the coloring issue prior to sealant application. He ignored us and sealed it anyway stating,"the color would soak in," then he asked for final payment before the job was finished. Mr. Lenz wasn't knowledgeable enough about the products he used to know the color could have been easily repaired before sealing.
We had to take him to small claims court for reimbursement after spending multiple hours and over $1300 removing sealant and sawing grout lines to fix his poor workmanship. Not surprisingly, we found that he had already been taken to court 3 times within the year preceding our case.
Save yourself the trouble and use a more knowledgeable, teachable, and experienced contractor.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Lenz Custom Concrete Patio
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Flooded basement weekly, sloppy work beyond, constant puddle in garage that I step in daily, because they ignored my request for a drain and 'sloped' the garage, which clearly they..."
- "I placed nearly 5K down in form of check that was cashed 2 days later on vinyl siding job promised to be done by Christmas. Cash down was expected in..."
- "We have foundation problems inside and out. Electrical problems. Plumbing problems. Leaks. Had to replace AC unit b/c they put one 1 ton too small for our size home which..."
- "Review of Walgreens Pharmacy at 1570 E Fairview, Meridian, Idaho. Their Pharmacist need continued education!!! As a consumer I rely upon companies like Walgreens to have educated people in their positions that..."
- "I have been an admirer of West Elm, and thought they were were known for lifelong quality pieces. Not the case. We ordered the Emmerson reclaimed table, bench,..."
- "When I ordered the bed; it arrived defective with a six inch slit right next to the air pump. I called; they wanted a picture, and they sent me..."
- "The bottom line - Nest makes fantastic, state-of-the-art, reliable products. I own 2 of the thermostats and just installed 5 outdoor nest cams at $200 / cam. The problem is..."
- "I have been a long time consumer of Newegg off on on for years, and have recently cheered them on the fight against Patent trolls. But recently I ordered..."
- "SO… YOU ARE LOAY TAWEEL IN MIAMI AND ABU AZMI IN CHICAGO… looks like a *** artist. Sunday, October 23 afternoon I received many messages by Whatsapp from Loay..."